View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 08:40 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

Re: 71' K10 modernizing

Put 35s on there. Makes for a simple "overdrive" that helps you "drive over" more. for a daily driver in the Washington,DC area, you don't even need 4wd. They way the whole world freaks out like the world will end and the roads people scramble feverishly to clear roads ASAP, at the expense of your classic truck's sheet metal, you can get anywhere in anything, except maybe a side street in a bad storm. Heck, these days they give 26% (govt. workers) of the population off at the mention of snow. If anyone has a classic 4wd in this area that isn't a rust bucket it's because either it was never driven in the salt, came from the arid west where it never saw salt, or has had a full body restoration. It makes me cringe to see these new found classic car owners out in their cars in the dead of winter on bleached white dry roads right after a snow. Sure, it's a nice day, but I wait till after two good spring rains to wash the roads before mine come out. Guys who stayed with the old stuff figured this out by sometime in the '80s.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote