View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #23
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Re: What kind of jack and spare set-up do you carry?

Ges55 has it right .I keep a spare under the bed & a floor jack behind the passenger seat in my 1/2 ton & in the across-the-bed tool box in my 3/4 ton.. I've had flat tires with these trucks before & couldn't fit the original jack under it.

Mine is in the bed in my 1965 3/4 ton but i have a bed liner that conceals it from view

Here is the one safety tip of the day Why did VW car's Keep the spare in the front of the car some say they had enough room under the rear seat Its was the Air bag back in them days well when tho we have trailer hitches that are made better now with receivers did you know a spare tire will help you in a rear end Hit i've been hit 3 time by 3 different drunk drivers 1 at 35 2 45 3 78 mph and i still have the truck and drive it today tore up the bumper.But waled away with minor back problems.

I hear so often from most of you that you think that having the gas tank in the truck is so bad I rather it be there where it it protected instead of one on the side rail or in the back now most of them plastic tanks do take a hit but a metal tank rip right open pouring fuel all over the place I'm all about safety I by tires that get me over 200,000 miles I run a spare cus its just one of them things that i know its back there
Attached Images

stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote