View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 01:56 PM   #31
WorkinLonghorn

Re: **do not buy blueprint engines***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Here in California the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) oversees what shops do. If you screw up, your case gets published in their newsletter. One time a guy came in with a 442 with leaking transmission lines. The shop that rebuilt the engine positioned the lines wrong and one chafed through on the upper a-arm. I fixed that, no big deal. It also ran really rough, so I pulled a plug to look, and it was obviously old. Put a set of new plugs in it, and it ran great. The shop had charged him for new spark plugs. When the case was was settled, he got ALL his money back because of the one fraudulent charge.

Call the California BAR and complain.

tl;dr version- if they advertised parts as new and they weren't, it is at least fraud.
Tbone67, This ^^^ is your best answer. Calif. B.A.R. can and will shut down a shop that does fraudulent work and all of the shops know this. Call them, but it might be too late . Hopefully you documented every communication with them.

https://www.bar.ca.gov/

Once I had a shop repair a leaking front seal on a Buick 3.8 and it still leaked after the fix and the shop refused to refund my cash payment. I told the owner; "I'll be right back. I'm going to call my man at the B.A.R. and see what he says about this." I walked to a phone booth (remember those?) and then returned and the guy threw my money at my feet and said "You no come back here NO MORE!" I sure didn't. But the point is, forget BBB, the BAR actually has teeth, like a shark and they get results.
'69 GMC C2500 Custom Camper, 8 1/2' bed, New GM 350, NP 435 Close Ratio 4spd. Trans., 3.73 Dana-60 open.Camper and Trailer wiring, PS, PB, AC, tach , three gas tanks, 2nd owner, Work-Truck supreme. Best $300 I ever spent.
WorkinLonghorn is offline   Reply With Quote