View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #13
Twitchin R&C

Re: Not Your Typical Bagged Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCncsuHD View Post
You're right, I didn't think about the huge backspacing on the H1, will the beadlock H1's clear the HUGE drums on your DRW? I know when I went from 16.5s to 16s on my 78 K30 there was very little clearance. I've just never heard of mounting the H1s on a dually before, although the huge backspacing makes sense, I've just always heard of recentering them for other applications.

I had been considering keeping my 78 dually in the rear with 35s or so on some bullet hole style Alcoa's, and then on the front removing the dually hubs, and running a wider SRW bullet hole style wheel to match, so it would still have the same style wheels front and rear, but still something wide in the front.

And as far as what I said about shot peening the wheels, I'm not really afraid for it damaging the wheels, as much as the steel shot will be louder at low speeds than plastic. I've seen wheels that were a little beat up/paint missing on the insides of wheels after using steel shot, but nothing that looked like it would harm the integrity of the wheel.
The H1's are 16.5 inches and my alcoas are only 16 inches. As for the beadlock part, since they are internally beadlocked, it doesnt mess with rim diameter so there should be more than enough clearance for those monster dually drums. Just like you I am not worried about the steel shot in the wheels. I just have never run em in aluminum wheels so I didnt know if they damaged em of not. But good to know nothin really happens.

As for your K30, that sounds like a cool idea. My auto shop teacher is buying my alcoas and is doing something similar to what you are describing. Putting the duallys on the back and using a SRW axle and matching wheels for the front.
Twitchin R&C is offline   Reply With Quote