View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 01:17 AM   #17
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Skidmore '67 C20

Thanks for your response, I am lucky that the doors fit pretty well. The gaps are 60's car even, the hinges are tight and the latches close easily. I may also not be as picky as others.

I plan to order all of the sheetmetal before I move forward with the cab repair, so I hope to order that ASAP. I have put out a request for a source in the main forum section. I also need a windshield and seal (with trim).

In the meantime, I have started cleaning out the drip rail. As I toil away at this sticky chunky mess, I have started referring to the last guy who did the last "restoration" as the "Caulk Master". There is bathroom silicone everywhere. It is in the driver side rocker seam, holding on the door seals, and filling in the drip rail. "The bigger the gob the better the job". I scraped some of it away and found water, it hasn't rained in a month and it has been over a 100* multiple days. I am really happy that I started this work now, I think that it would have been a much larger repair in another year.

I have attached some photos for reference, the photo of the "cleaned rail makes it look worse than it is. The pebbly rust texture is a lighting effect.
Attached Images

SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote