View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 11:58 AM   #13
MARTINSR

Re: Looking for speaker ideas

Blue tooth makes it so easy it's crazy! I am not there, a flip phone guy but I am damn sure thinking about it with my current truck build.

The first photo is where the stereo was in my truck 40 years ago, I made a holder for it behind the dash. I put hinges on the center dash grille mounting the mouldings to the grille. I removed the ash tray and welded the cover to the grille. You gained access to the radio by pulling on the ash tray handle to drop the grille down like a glove box door.

In my Gran Sport, 30 years ago, I made this under dash unit with a metal under dash stereo holder then made the "gauge panel" to cover it up, again with hinges on the bottom. I got three used SW gauges and cut them up so just the bezel and face were left. No one would have ever thought of breaking into my car to steal the stereo which was the biggest reason I did it, with a convertible you don't want to give anyone ANY ideas. So the dash had an AM radio in it, no problems.

But like I said, now with bluetooth you put it where ever you want, pretty neat.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote