View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #66
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Build #2 Crusader!

Back on the floor. I took txlowtrucks advise and cut the piece in two. Hopefully I wont cut to much out of the passenger side and we wont have this problem.
after cutting it into two pieces I burned in each side leaving about a 2" gap down the center

while welding I thought man I need to turn the heater down its gettin damn hot in here. I raised my hood to find myself on FIRE... I burnt a good size hole in one of my good shirts. I told Deb what I done and she said with no concern " that was stupid". I have a real nice welding jacket in the closet. That way it stay nice.

I could see Tyler watching me. chomping at the bits to try it out. I barley got the words out of my mouth and he was right there to give it a go. he did pretty well to.

I used the left over piece that I cut from the hump to fill in the gap down the center and across the back. Its a good thing that its under the seat and carpet because it looks like sh!t. I will weld in a couple of pieces of flat stock where the seat will bolt through the floor and then give all the seams a good coat of seam sealer

with the floor lower and flat I threw the seat up in there to get a feel for how its going to set and I think its right on the money.

I even jumped in the back seat to see what kinda room Im gonna have. although its not a lot of room I did sit comfortably and my knees were not in the back of the seat

now on to the other side.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote