Thread: Wife's 48
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #123
8man

Re: Wife's 48

Friday was a good day in the shop.

First off, a big thank you to NorCalGal for the hinge plates.

IMG_2063 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

They are great, thank you.

Then I started cutting parts from the really bad 54 cab to use on the better 54 cab. I started by cutting a patch to cover the gas filler hole in the cab. I went to the drivers side and cut the patch.

IMG_2059 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

I put it over the hole and it seems to match the contours. I will cut it to fit once I get the filler hole removed.

Then I have some issues on the cowl. The top cutout is to repair a spot where it looks like they put an antenna. Just below that and toward the front I cut a patch to use over the mirror damaged area, sort of like what I left in the picture and then I cut a larger patch that I am thinking about using over the gills on the riders side. Haven't decided on that, whether to remove the gills or not.

IMG_2060 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

Notice on the bottom of the lower hole, the metal is thicker. I think that is where they leaded an old dent, I don't know, but it is definitely thicker and that corner is heavy.

Going out today to start work on the dash. I'll get pictures later, and hopefully some repair work will be included.
8man is offline   Reply With Quote