View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:07 AM   #14
Dingfodgy
Lemme show you something!!

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

Like alot of other guys- I wasn't really looking for my '67 LWB. I had just sold my Pontiac and decided that I really needed a truck for the usual home maintenance stuff, ya' know the dump runs, pickin' up a load or 5 of pea gravel, bark mulch, planting soil for the misses and the occassional trip out to the HD. A few years ago I had a 69 " F@*k Our Ride Died " F250 that was nothing but problems- so I knew I wanted an older Chevy / GMC. I also considered a 60's vintage Power-Wagon 'cause I think they're bad-a$$, but rare as hens teeth / expensive. I was scouring the normal sources for a 62-66 SWB, but most were outside of my budget or complete POS's. However, I would also sneek a peek at the 67-72's as well, being as my dad had a '68 back when I was kid and I thought it was da' bomb! '68 SWB 4x4, 327, 4-speed, CST, Light Blue & White 2-tone, chrome baby moons w/ old skool mudder meats and a vanity plate that read " K-Paso"! I'm telling you- I look at old pics of his truck and that sucka was butt-hole tight! Anyways, I was checkin' out my local CL when this dude has this rattle-can flat-black '67 LWB for 900 bucks. I checked the pic and it didn't look too bad. The LF fender was toast and the LH Bedside was pretty gruesome. But it the cab was decent with only the rockers needing attention and he says it runs like a champ! I thought " what da' hell " and went out to look at it- gave it a spin 'round the 'hood and decided that I could do alot with this....so I bought it. The wife laughs at my technicolor hoopty, but knows that with some time and a pound of 50's - I'll turn this sows ear into a silk purse. But it will never be a trailer queen- just a really nice but useable truck.
'95 BMW 325i ("Joy")
Dingfodgy is offline   Reply With Quote