View Single Post
Old 10-01-2022, 08:16 AM   #91
HeloCrewChief

Re: 1972 Highlander (Forum Truck)

I wanted to bring a bit of closure to this build thread. Life has been busy. I accepted a job transfer on the opposite side of the country. The Blazer had been done for a few months. I drove it a few hundred miles and entered it in one show. It one best pre 1980 and best Truck. I had to drag several vehicles, tools, parts on the move and I decided to consign the Blazer with a dealer in the Seattle area. They came highly recommended and I put a price on it that I could live with if it sold. I halfway expected them to act as storage for the Blazer while I got settled but, just a week after it hit their showroom floor it sold. A repeat customer was in town and bought it on the spot. It hurt quite a bit to let it go but, I do enjoy the build process more than anything I guess. Anyway, it was not long before a tracked down a 74' GMC Jimmy. I actually found it several months back while on a house hunting trip. My wife and I were driving around and I spotted it next to a tire shop. I had never seen a K5 with the woodgrain trim so I had to stop for a closer look. I think this one will be more of a challenge than the 72' due to parts availability but, I think it will be a stunner when done to stock. Here is a link to my new find. Will be a few months before I get going on it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=838199
1968 Chevelle
1964 Comet Caliente
1990 W250 Cummins
HeloCrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote