View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 10:25 PM   #6
joedoh

Re: Project Wayne 1951 Ford Fun-1 S10 swap

here is an excellent lesson in using your eyes. its my experience that the human eye can see even a 1/16th misalignment, just step back a few feet and its as glaring as an inch! this picture is with the rocker level with the frame.

but look at the drastic change in appearance with the front dropped just 1/16th of an inch.

it looks "proper" on the frame now, like a dapper man with a raked cap. I have a complete 48 f1 (same cab, different dash and rear window) and i will take a few pictures tomorrow for verification. but the door glass looks more level in the second picture. my mounts will have adjustment in them so i can move it around a 1/2 inch up or down.

this is my adjustment tool by the way. just a jack under the middle of the cab. i could do this a more complicated way but the theory of relativity indicates I should take my measurments WITH RESPECT TO (WRT) other known measurements and since I dont have (or need or even want) a frame table.

when guys ask me for mounts I dont make (yet) this what I tell them to do, get the cab hung in the right place and measure UP from the frame to the mount surface

and OUT to the mounting hole.

with those measurements I can make up some mount prototypes.

more in next post
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote