View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #88
Shaun1162

Re: Late 60's Vintage Modified Race Car

Latest project has been tackling the windshield....

Didn't want to deal with finding all the brackets, hinges, etc. to make it swing out, so I decided to go ahead and mount it solid. Ended up using nutserts for the first time, worked out pretty well. Couple of them I had to re-do, but overall I'm pretty happy with it.

There were factory holes on the inside of the windshield lip along the bottom, so I just marked where they landed on the frame, drilled them out and put the nutserts in: (don't mind the dirty, cracked/broken glass... Got a new piece cut, just using this for mockup)

Also ended up putting the windshield wiper in, worked out pretty good. I ended up welding the stock hole for the windshield tonight, but didn't have time to do it when I took the pictures...

You can see the painted nerf bars/bumpers, painted headlights, the gas tank, and the Model A style taillights a little better now...

Digging through some parts I found these the other day, and figured I'd share.

The oil gauge on the left was the original one in the car... It broke when I was trying to take it out of the car, but I assume it was junk anyways. About 2 or 3 weeks later, I was sifting through a box of misc. parts at a local flea market, and found an exact NOS gauge, and bought it for a $1. Obviously not fancy, but a pretty weird coincidence huh??

Anybody know who made these gauges?? It's only marked "Made in the USA" on the back, and unfortunately the NOS one was missing most of the box... Would like to find a matching water temperature one, they built the gauge "cluster" to have 2, but it only had this one in it when I got it...

- 1933 Ford Stock Car
Shaun1162 is offline   Reply With Quote