View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 08:05 PM   #318
TA_C10

Re: LS factory cruise control hook up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
You are corrrect. I didn't mention it because relays have the ability to confuse the heck out of some people. On this set up, if you were only using the relay for a load, you could just tap it into the brake light wiring, in either the right or left brake light, it doesnt matter you only need one, and just use the 85 and 86 terminals of the relay, the module would see ground with enough resistance through the relay coil. If someone wants me to draw a diagram i will, just let me know.

Posted via Mobile Device
I just want to clarify post #9 in this thread in case someone else comes along like I did. I created all my own diagrams before I installed my new wiring harness and when you get into the details you need to know exactly how this works.

So cruise control(dbw or cable box), LED lights, and a relay. What ls1nova71 means exactly here is that you take the brake switch wire(from the inside of cab, white wire off switch) or either left or right brake light wire outside of cab, and splice into that, one end of the wire attached to relay 85 pin, the other end of the wire attached to relay 86 pin. You DO NOT GROUND the relay. You are only using the relay coil inside the relay like it's a "resistor".

Someone like me who needed that detail, might benefit from this post.

EDIT: See posts below, I was wrong....

"It's only money".

Last edited by TA_C10; 03-06-2020 at 01:45 PM.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote