View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 04:04 PM   #67
TA_C10

Re: 1970 Chevy Longbed CST/10

I just finished my gas filler similar to this. See my thread below. Just a thought, are you going to do a tonneau cover with your flip kit tailgate handle? The way you have your filler going in that far forward in bed will mean you prob have to drape the gas nozzle and hose over your bed side to fill. And because of angle of gas pump nozzles it will be a chore(perhaps?). I moved mine to the very end of the bed next to tailgate for this reason. I just drop the tailgate to fill not having to worry about scratching bed side, and it's real easy to maneuver the gas pump nozzle at gas stations with nothing in the way. But if for some reason I needed to fill with tailgate up, I can still do this.

The other thing I see if your going with tonneau cover, usually your strut is mounted in this location too which may be in the way? I figure when I get my tonneau cover I will be in the clear of this.

All just thoughts man, making sure you get what you want. Disregard if you've already thought through all this

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote