View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #20
In The Ten Ring

Re: Time for reassembly: can I get anyone to come and help me?

Waking up this old thread...

Speak of the cowl panel, if you don't have the Snap-on tool for removing AND installing wiper arms I HIGHLY recommend it. They're cheap and make life easier. That and you won't damage your truck.

Can someone link this tool for me?

**I got the outer fenders on pretty well yesterday, we didn't even need the blue tape BUT I took the advice given and put a double line of it on the rear edge of each fender and a double line on the front edge of each door. I had an old college buddy help me out. Because the truck had been repainted in 1990, there was a paint line marking where the top of the rear top edge of each fender went.......that helped a great deal for lining things up. The NOS fender I bought from Hot Rod Todd three years ago seems to fit perfectly....I think OEM/NOS is the way to go. No problems with my original fender going back on, even though its rear edge saw some welding repairs.

I'm going to get my grill ready to go on, it has some clip fasteners (J nuts?) I need to put back on and try to test fit that tomorrow.

So about that Snapon tool....

Is this it?

https://store.snapon.com/Window-and-...l-P636287.aspx

*I actually have my wiper arms off....do I just push those back on? Are they both the same or are they different?
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote