View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #55
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: My whole braking system - thinking out loud

Thanks for the kind words Scot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
That rotor sounds promising. Kudos to you CF for pushing stuff like this forward & possibly helping out the rest of this group in their search.

Well I didn't get as far as I had hoped today.....crazy busy day today. However I did get the rotor off of the parts Astro. So far it looks promising.....it's 11.61 diameter and 1.29 thick as it shows online. The hat is stamped steel and fits over the axle flange without machining as needed with the Lincoln rotors. Plus with the thinner hat, the wheel should be in the same location side to side as with a drum. I think the hub register will be fine as well even though the parts listing shows a hub register on the Astro rotors of .020 larger than the Lincoln and Impala rotors.

So those of you that are currently interested in this setup, do you have any input on which rotor sounds the best to you? The Lincoln rotor which is .955 thick or the Astro rotor which is 1.290 thick

Anyway the plan tomorrow is to get the rotor cleaned up some, get it mounted on my mockup rear diff, set an OEM caliper on there and see what ideas I can come up with for a bracket.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote