View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 07:45 AM   #12
jimmythompson1964

Re: 1966 C 10 - "Wild Thang"

Well I think everything on my truck is ready for the hot rod power tour, at least I hope it's ready. Sooo a road trip must take place...I am working at the VA in Nashville, TN about a 250 mile trip one way...sounds like a good road trip-test to me, with a stop at the Good Guys Giant car show on Friday of course. Well I left my house with tools and extra parts (just in case) and hit the road, it is 99% interstate from home to my hotel and with the 373 gears and a 4 speed, I keep it between 60-65 mph. Rolling on I-40 it was a late afternoon trip, the weather was nice with the windows down. I had a few horn blows, thumbs up, and waves from other travelers, it was a really enjoyable trip. I am staying at an extended stay and have been there nearly 3 months and no one has even said hello to me...well upon pulling into the parking lot with the old truck's roller cam sounding off through the flow master mufflers, I became instantly the most popular guy at the hotel. There were guys wanting to know what I had under the hood and those telling me about the truck they used to have or there dad used to own. Everyone was cool and I enjoyed showing my old rough truck off to people who were interested. It is really amazing how much attention these old trucks attract when you drive them. I am glad I decided to drive my truck while I do some upgrades, driving it keeps me motivated. I have been waiting on this elusive time in my life when I will have the time and money to do a ground up redo with the chopped cab and upgrades that I see some of you guys here doing to your trucks. Just wanted to share and encourage you to take a road trip even if you're not quite finished with your truck enjoy the moment. Hope to see some of you guys at one of my stops with the Hot Rod Power Tour.
Attached Images

jimmythompson1964 is offline   Reply With Quote