Thread: 55 in NH build
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 03:34 PM   #177
1project2many

Re: 55 in NH build

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveshilling View Post
I haven't either.. I like that the later vette rears are setup for it so easily, but I'm wrestling with:
  • A push-button "Parking brake" that would be essentially useless in an emergency, or
  • A foot pedal "Emergency Brake" that I can control the amount of pressure with manually if something were to happen with my brakes somehow.

The foot pedal brake will attach right to the hood hinge bolts like it was made to fit there, but adds some clutter and additional installation complexity.

The E-Stopp style makes the remote mount easy, the button is cool, but if my brakes go out it just locks the rears completely...after seeing that video of the red Impala (I think it was) lose brakes and just smash into parked cars at a red light, the old school pedal brake feels like a lil insurance policy.

I guess have no reason to assume I'd lose all braking power front and rear, but with basically zero safety features in these trucks, maybe ONE feature is good?
Hmmm....

Everyone loves electrical things these days. I wonder how adaptable a trailer brake controller is to an OE electric park brake. Or maybe a transmission mounted drum brake made from trailer brake would provide enough braking for an emergency?

Just thinking...
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote