View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #7328
RIDE-RED 350r

Re: How about some pics of '73-'87 Short Beds

New to the forum, and WOW there are alot of nice trucks on here!

Here is mine I recently picked up..

-TX truck came north in 2012
-'78 K-10 Big 10, short box 4wd
-Freshly rebuilt 4 spd
-350ci with mild cam (I am told, but have not yet confirmed the cam), Edelbrock carb and intake
-Full length headers with dual exhaust
-12 bolt rear with 3.73 Richmond gears and locker
-10 bolt Dana 44 up front
-4" suspension lift with 35" BFG's
-new full chassis wiring harness
-new cab mounts

It has had alot of recent work, seems as though a full restore was well underway but stopped a bit short.

It still needs a fresh paint job and for the interior to be done nice. (LMC Truck is going to LOVE me!)

It also needs a new rear window as 3 of the 4 pieces of aluminum trim on my sliders are missing leaving quite the air gap when the sliding window is closed. I plan to replace it with a brand new sliding window from LMC truck unless I get advice on a better source that is a little cheaper. Has a couple of small stone chips in the windshield and the door windows are a bit scratched as can be expected for a 36 year old truck. So at some point it will get those replaced as well...

My tentative plans for the color scheme is a dark candy apple red with black rally stripes and keeping the blacked out look with the trim and wheels. I have a used Lund moonvisor coming from a relative on the cheap that will be going on it too. I have always loved the look of a visor on these old trucks.

So here she is...
Attached Images