Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #54
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

So I drove the truck again today, and dadgum. Upgrading to the quadrajet is the best thing I've done to the truck, aside from having an engine that is in great condition internally. It's nice and tame just running off the primaries, but when the secondaries open up, and the nice bwahhhhh sound ensues, I fall in love with it all over again. The 2 jet was nice on the old engine, but I'll never go back. Quadrajets are too much fun

Also, I decided to move the tach from where I previously had it to on the column. I originally put the tach next to the trailer brake controller for the sole purpose of I wasn't sure how to mount it to the column without ruining anything, and there was already a hole that the previous owner had. After seeing that Jacob Davis, some of you may know him because of his AMC Hornet Sportabout wagon, has had his tach ziptied to the column for three years without having to replace any zipties, I decided to do the same. I like this placement a lot better, and I don't have to look so low when I want to see the rpm.

I'm using the Equus Series 5000 2-1/2" tach. I got it from Autozone well over a year ago, and haven't had any issues since. I like that it's smaller than what most people put in. In my case, the smaller size works perfectly with the speedo, and doesn't interfere at all with gauge visibility at the new location.
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote