Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #75
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

After installing the sway bar on Sunday with the old bushings from the junkyard truck, I had to wait until Monday to get new Moog bushings. Amazon had the best price and shipping combo since I have Amazon Prime.

On Monday the 8th, I met my friend from my old job and rambled around some forestry roads in his XJ and my Dakota. The plan was to hit some trails in the morning and grab some lunch somewhere. We didn't have any issues on the dirt, but the last trail was downhill for a good bit and had plenty of curves. We were both slinging the back end out as much as possible with open diffs Once we got back on dirt, it was still very curvy, and spirited driving ensued, until his Jeep started to pull real hard to the left under braking. The passenger front caliper locked up on him, so he pulled it off on the side of the road, then we drove to Blue Ridge, GA to get a new caliper since that was the closest town with a parts store to us. Ate lunch there, then drove back to fix the Heep. Got it fixed and all was good.

I then drove to Helen to meet up with my friends from college to go camping at a friend's river property. It would have been my first time camping, except for the bottom falling out of the clouds and soaking everything. We decided to spend the night at her house instead of camping with wet sleeping bags. It was a great time that got even better on Tuesday when we all found out that Georgia College decided to cancel class for the rest of the week because of Hurricane Michael. We hung out in Helen for a bit longer, then started to house hop. We went to my roommate's house which is only 5 minuets from my house, so I spent 30 minuets to swap out the sway bar bushings. Yesterday, we left his house and went to my other roommate's house because why not? Got back home today to plan for a relaxing day tomorrow.
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote