View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #48
cableguy0

Re: Magic Ball Joints from CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy2013 View Post
Wow i just bought upper and lower ball joints for a 1985 chevy c 10 year spindles im using .One upper fit great the other the taper was too large and didnt go into the spindle far enough .Same part number on the box !Napa brand .Going to get a new one and see i suspect someone put the wrong one in the box.
Its probably not the wrong part in the box. Quality on parts across the board has dropped like a rock. I spin wrenches for a living and your lucky to get a part that visually looks the same if you get a pair of the same piece. These companies are outsourcing to the lowest bidder in China. The parts are garbage and we are all suffering for it. I turn wrenches for a living and due to parts quality recent am seriously considering finding another line of work. Im tired of cars not even getting out of the shop due to brand new parts that are bad out of the box or don't fit etc etc etc. The amount of parts failures we have seen in the last year or so is ridiculous. Almost every previously American brand now has made in China stamped on the box. Moog, Fel-pro and many others have now outsourced.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote