View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #16
Big Tex

Re: Big Tex's 83 Chevy 2wd to 4wd Conversion

Greenlee-
Yes, this is the one i was considering the two tone silver on. That's ok about the glove box, I'm still undecided on paint. If I had to paint it today, it'd get sprayed a navy blue. I can't rule out going back with red though. So who knows where that'll end up. There's quite a bit of body work to be done before that decision really has to be made.

On the K5, which I need to change out now that my truck looks like i want it to, I bought it after I sold an '02 3/4 ton 4x4 GMC the first time gas went to $4/gallon. We were in the middle of building our house, and it was a really wet spring/early summer, I realized real quick that i needed a 4x4 to get material from the street to the house. This was my main excuse, and I'd always wanted a Blazer, so I found that one. Other than the paint job, it was stock as could be. The guy I bought it from was probably 60 years old. I kind of liked the paint job in a - '90s matches a motor home - kind of way. My wife didn't like it at all. She would always joke that it was an old man's paint job. She laughed all the way home one night after getting gas and an "older gentleman" came over and told me how nice it was, and that he really liked the paint job!!

I sold it later to a guy that took the lift off, and put stock wheels back on it. He daily drove it, may still be.....