View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 03:47 PM   #1
penaduny

need some tranny advise. asap please

So I was driving around yesterday.. And out of no where my tranny stops working. I can click through all the gears and nothing happens, it’s full of oil, no metal in it. If I put it in gear or park, my truck won’t roll, in neutral it will. My torque converter bolts are in tact. I pulled off the cover and it spins.. Ive had the tranny a little over a year, it was rebuilt. I bought it from a shop that only gives a year warrantee. So. If im going to go through the effort of pulling it out and everything im just going to buy a new tranny from jeggs or summit. Or any other place you guys can recommend.

What I need to know is where the best place to get a new/rebuilt one. And I want to stay under 1000 for it.

Also im trying to get this fixed by next week.

So if I where to get a 700r4 I know that I would gain another gear, but are there any other advantages? I don’t know much about trannys, so the more info you can give me the better. I know the mounts are the same on 700s and 350s,.. is there anything that will be different and cause me problems when im putting it in?

Thanks for any help you can give me..
penaduny is offline   Reply With Quote