View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 05:34 PM   #83
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

well lets just make some more steel upgrades to this frankencab shall we?

pedals day! I started by marking a bunch of dimensions for the dash and center of the original steering collum then whacking a fresh section of 76 year old steel from the firewall.
IMG_7797 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I wanted to see if my offal cut from the s10 firewall had a chance of lining up.

well I'll be dipped
IMG_7798 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

that triple hole on the left is the clutch master hole, and it looks like it will fit. there may be something to this...

IMG_7800 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the steering column needs to be at 12.5" to be centered on the gauges, its at 13", would YOU notice the 1/2"?

IMG_7801 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

not only does the clutch pedal look to be about right, the big brace for the clutch pedal and steering support will fit in the dash with only a couple modifications.

IMG_7802 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the steering shaft will come out just over and right (from the front) of the valve cover. what the heck this is working better than I ever hoped. should be a straight shot.

the only thing that even made me a little apprehensive is how far the steering column sticks out from the dash but since its a 4 bolt mount column I can just move the brackets up to 6 inches and it column will move into the dash that much.

my only regret? I didnt think it would work at all so I didnt sand the paint off the piece for welding. now I have to take it back out and sand it haha

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote