View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 12:44 PM   #31
Oldfashioned

Re: How a C10 purchase turned into insanity and Blazer builds

So I always strap or chain down long term projects to the lift. People have laughed at me for being too cautious. Well they have also laughed from some of the sketchy things I have done too. I guess people just laugh at me in general? Maybe it’s the way I look? Anyways this is the first time it has become apparent why I do. I have now removed doors, tailgate, entire suspension, gas tank, bumpers, hood, fenders and I go to take off the radiator support. I have to cut one bolt that I can’t get free. This is the first bolt in the entire project that I have to cut and I’m irritated. I get it cut and the other loose. This is a special Saturday. One of my teenage sons is actually at home and is helping me thank god. We have the truck low to the ground and as we lift the radiator support off the entire truck tips to the rear. We look wide eyed at each other without saying anything and slowly set it back down which sets the truck right back down on the lift arms. Whewww disaster averted. We then stack weight on the front to try and balance it. So I make the decision that’s how she is gonna sit until the lift kit comes in and I can put axle back under it to roll it around safely. I need to roll it out to pressure wash anyways. I’ll do minor stuff in the mean time while waiting and tear into the CST.
Attached Images

Oldfashioned is offline   Reply With Quote