View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 12:09 PM   #143
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Perfect night for a run

Like I said way back in this thread I'm not a runner. But a lot of what you said about age and health got me to thinking about my age and health. So I weaned myself off of the soda and candy I was eating at break and lunch time during work. Next I cut out all sugar and processed foods completely. I also cut out all grains and bad oils.

My diet consisted of berries and cherries, good veggies (no sugary veggies like corn) and eggs and meat. I did eat a little dairy, whole milk and hard cheeses for instance.

I fasted between 12 and 15 hours between my last meal of the day to my first. No calorie counting. No worrying about animal fats I was eating or cooking with.

When I started I had a heck of a time buttoning my 501's and I was on the first notch of my belt (barely). Basically I was tired, achy and felt like crap most of the time.

I'm down 30 lbs from 243 to 213. I need new pants and a new belt and I feel a ton better. For the last month-ish I let myself eat some of the things I cut out. I'm holding steady at my weight, but weirdly I don't feel as good. So I'm starting back up to the more strict, but actually very enjoyable way of eating. I would love to see if I could get in to the 180's ... That would be crazy since I haven't been down there since my early 20's, almost 40 years ago.

BTW while I'm not running, I find (using my Iphones health meter thingy) I'm averaging about 20,000 steps a day, often hauling stuff about. I have walked almost 25,000 steps several times, that's in the eight plus mile range.

So thanks for the inspiration and making me think about getting a little bit healthier =)

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote