View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 09:58 PM   #145
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Re: Perfect night for a run

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Like I said way back in this thread I'm not a runner. But a lot of what you said about age and health got me to thinking about my age and health. So I weaned myself off of the soda and candy I was eating at break and lunch time during work. Next I cut out all sugar and processed foods completely. I also cut out all grains and bad oils.

My diet consisted of berries and cherries, good veggies (no sugary veggies like corn) and eggs and meat. I did eat a little dairy, whole milk and hard cheeses for instance.

I fasted between 12 and 15 hours between my last meal of the day to my first. No calorie counting. No worrying about animal fats I was eating or cooking with.

When I started I had a heck of a time buttoning my 501's and I was on the first notch of my belt (barely). Basically I was tired, achy and felt like crap most of the time.

I'm down 30 lbs from 243 to 213. I need new pants and a new belt and I feel a ton better. For the last month-ish I let myself eat some of the things I cut out. I'm holding steady at my weight, but weirdly I don't feel as good. So I'm starting back up to the more strict, but actually very enjoyable way of eating. I would love to see if I could get in to the 180's ... That would be crazy since I haven't been down there since my early 20's, almost 40 years ago.

BTW while I'm not running, I find (using my Iphones health meter thingy) I'm averaging about 20,000 steps a day, often hauling stuff about. I have walked almost 25,000 steps several times, that's in the eight plus mile range.

So thanks for the inspiration and making me think about getting a little bit healthier =)
I like reading this kind of stuff.
The thing about being inspired is that for me that痴 the first step. Doing something is not so easy and I知 glad.

Honestly, Truckster is one that got me thinking about getting serious about my health and passion for running again and posting here on the site.

Adversity is a good thing. I知 inspired by the people that have physical hardships and press on. They train their mind to overcome adversity.

I知 glad that you were inspired but, you池e doing all stuff that is beneficial for your health. I知 betting spending time with your grandson and granddaughter is a big motivator.

I知 going to start riding a bike again soon, I hope. I was never a serious cyclist. Never wore a helmet. I知 not convinced that a plastic/styrofoam aerodynamic hole filled hat would protect any surviving brain cells left in my noggin.

My brother gave me a bicycle a little over a decade ago. I have a good story about that and will start a different thread on that subject. I have it being worked on and I知 excited to get it back.
It痴 a story of how I inspired him and how he has inspired me.