View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 08:36 AM   #7
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Winner winner chicken dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I remember the last one as well. I wouldn't say that this one fizzled because after all you were able to spend some time with your grand-daughter. My grandson is 6 years old and I don't get to see him too much because they live out of state. Any time with them is good. Thanks Mark.
I feel pretty blessed when it comes to the grand kids. We have seen our granddaughter as much as we want since the day she was born. Even though she is 13 (we keep waiting for the too busy/cool to hang with her grandparents lol) we text and talk several times a week. And she spends a lot of time here at our house.

Our grandson (6) recently moved further out and he's maybe 45 minutes or so away. But his mom (my sons ex) is super great about us spending time with him. Sometimes Ill run up to their place after work and he and I will grab a bite to eat and just hang out. He made a nice Christmas ornament in school and his mom said you can give it to anyone he wants, and of all the people in his life (tons) he chose us =)

So I feel for you not being able to see your grandson a lot, just make sure you keep in touch via digital media of some sort. Another thing to do once in awhile, is to grab a box at the post office and put some fun stuff in there ... Shirts, hot wheels etc, and send it to him. Kids love getting stuff in the mail. Even a postcard if you are on vacation somewhere.

Ill get you guys taken care of this week sometime....Mark
CG is offline   Reply With Quote