View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 06:13 AM   #278
jmarkha1

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Great progress on the rolling chassis.
I was in the same boat re. how far to go with the cab paint but decided to blast the shell and epoxy prime and go from there. (not done yet)
I found a place in Wiltshire that will do the cab inside and out and apply 2k epoxy to protect it. Prior projects I have wire wheeled and scraped away for weeks but always regretted not going back to steel.

That LS you have looks very tidy inside - I bought a used core sight unseen and it was immaculate inside - apart from a bad lifter that got swapped out - hope you get a good couple of days on it next week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Y View Post
Have next week off so have agreed with Lady P that I can have 2 days ‘Woody Time’ Narf, Narf….

Short term plan is to get the engine in and running, fingers crossed that all the lines hold fuel without leaking, plus it will be another thing ticked off the list. Will definitely be out again for a tidy up but, for motivation, a good plan.

Also want to get the cab floor stripped, fire wall bare metalled and any seam sealing done so that I can get it in paint by the end of September, early October. Still undecided as to if I will strip and paint the interior as yet - sort of swaying between a yes and a no.

Only major things left to buy is a wiring loom, gearbox and prop shaft, set of front tyres and the paint and materials to complete the above.

Better start doing the lottery!

P.
jmarkha1 is offline   Reply With Quote