View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
72freak
Rottenwood Garage Member

Paint and body work..nightmare...Metro Atlanta area

I know the most miserable part of doing anything on a vehicle is the paint and body....especially if you have to send it out. I have only had ONE good experience!!!! It either takes 5 times longer than they say or it doesnt get finished at all and you have to go pull it out of the shop...normally with a gun or a police friend if you have one!!! I actually have had such bad luck that the last couple of times I had the shop sign a form stating it would be done in X amount of time and I would be picking it up on a certain day and if it was NOT finished they could NOT place a mechanics lean on it.I paid them at every stage (strip, filler, primer, paint, finsh work). It actually got so bad both at my original home in S.E. Virginia and now here in Atlanta...that a good bit of my motor head friends either stopped the car hobby all together or we would not buy vehicles that needed even the slightest paint or body work. The point to all this rambling is I actually had an excellent experience this last time and if any of you need paint or body work done in the Atlanta area or dont mind hauling your ride here.....this guy was a pleasure to work with. Now...if you want a concourse retoration type paint job.....take it somewhere else for 2 years and 10k.....but if you want a nice daily driver job...or one step up from that....this guy is the man. He stripped my 72 Suburban down to the metal, did an average amount of body work, primed and sanded it about 3 times, blew color (2 tone) plus the wheels and I had it back in less than 3 weeks for less than $3000. Message me if you want his info.The second reason for this post is if any of you have had a good experience here in Ga. let me know where.....I have several projects going and dont mind further experimentation with other shops.

This post might be considered slight advertising or something...so if its in the wrong spot I apologize ahead of time and please move if needed.
Attached Images

72freak is offline   Reply With Quote