View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 06:22 PM   #261
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

The front of the fender is the Bikini Bottom one and in the lead right now for preference. The middle section was Cosmic Teal and over the white paint was too green. Over the grey primer I liked the color but not sure I want the multi-color flake. It was also more difficult to spray and coverage wasn't good.

But I had more of each color left over so today I mixed them in equal parts and gave that a try on the rear section of the fender. It sprayed well, covered in 2 coats. The color is good over the grey and over the white, similar to the Bikini Bottom on it's own. But it seems just a little more green to me in the light which made it look like the 98 mustang I used as a donor.

I'm going to see if a local HOK dealer might have samples to compare. Tropical Glitz is also a HOK dealer.

I took pics inside and outside. It's as close as I can get it to how it really looks. It doesn't come over well with the camera unfortunately. The last pic is the inspiration. It's a rendering. I've got bronze wheels and dark grey pipes.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote