View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 01:53 PM   #40
smokehouse

Re: New to me 78 burb

Ok I have been thinking about doing a top end for my truck over xmas break. I believe the old 350 only has like 180 hp and i'm wanting to be able to just get around 300hp. A new ls motors are just a little over that so and my old 2011 truck did great towing my vw to shows no problem even up mont eagle it did fine so I just want to get that out of my 350. Me and a friend at work get a week off and we thought about pulling the motor to freshen everything up and clean and put a new Throwout bearing and clutch. It smokes at start up so i know the valve seals need to be replace but why spend money on those heads. I think i want to lean towards a vortec style aluminum head does anyone have any suggestions. While it's out I have been reading that the summit 1100 cam is great for towing. I just need to figure out what heads are good for that type of application. i read somewhere that i would be spending most of my time in the 2500 to 3500 rpm range anyways. While i'm doing this upgrade i'm going to go with the sniper efi with the whole kit with the dizzy and the spark box. My burb also has 3.73 and plan on a gear vendor down the road to hit those gears between gears with my sm465. Let me know on the heads.
smokehouse is offline   Reply With Quote