View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #78
62 Longbed

Re: Anyone else done with Oriley Auto parts?

Yeah I'm threw with them and many others ... Its hard when I also worked for several different chains and dealerships in the parts section .. Everytime I to am tired of all the questions 2wd , 4wd , v/6 , v/8 , etc. What bothers me the most is the fact that most aren't familiar with the books or are actual gear heads that know what fits other models . Similar to what you may be working on , or know what has worked in the past ... Do they know how to set points with a match book , a ball point pen emptyed out to go between that split fuel line , temp. fix ... I'm not McGuyver but alot can be figured out with common sense .. Sorry that alot of my books got destroyed , but slowly replacing them ... If we had a honda or some import .. granted maybe we would feel different .. But we don't we have AMEERICAN MADE , FULL BODIED TRUCKS ... Some of the hardest most reliable and sought after multi purpose made vehicles ... OOPS !!!! Sorry , I need to get off my soap box ... AAAHHHH .. yes done with some of the different parts houses ...
62 Longbed is offline   Reply With Quote