View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 11:36 PM   #16
msg

Re: 66 bench re upholstery questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchecharlie View Post

Op Google upholstery springs and you get a few reasonable options. You can buy just about anything you want. The new school doesn't use the cotton blanket stuff but stuff called "skrim foam" and that grey blue composite looking blanket stuff (forgot the name)you can get it too but it's easiest to find at a upholstery shop to buy it from so you don't have to buy bulk. I am planning on first layer burlap then foam then having 1/2 inch skrim foam sewed Into the cover. It will cost more maybe but it really makes it better. Upholstery is expensive as crap. Foams expensive as crap and the guys who are good are expensive as crap. The guy posted above is really nice and he quoted me 325 for a nicer grade vinyl and is 6 weeks out but that's for a very basic tuck and roll one color cover . Hope that helps
Thanks Pinchecharlie for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
I took my bench to a upholstery shop...they replaced all foam and padding and made the all new cover....cost was $305...
How did it all turn out? Any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Did you happen to get measurements on the seat bottom foam? It sure looks identical to the 73-80 full foam.
Thanks TKCR for the info youve posted, here are the measurements on the bottom foam I pulled. The width of the indented/wedged in section from underneath is 51 inches. The width of the portion that overhangs on each side is 3.5 inches.
Attached Images