View Single Post
Old 08-19-2023, 11:22 PM   #82
dmjlambert

Re: Most/Least Favorite Modifications/Upgrades

I've enjoyed seeing what everybody likes about their trucks. I've prepared about 6 responses to this thread for my favorites, and ending up just deleting. I was being too verbose. So here goes.

Here's what I like on my 69 CST/10 long bed fleetside with body, paint, and rust by Chevy, God, and Time, and almost nothing done to it except:
Rebuilt original 350 and TH400 and A/C system, stock height spindles and manual front disc brakes from a 71, rebuilt stock combination valve from a 72, reupholstered bench seat with houndstooth cloth period correct although incorrect for 67-72 and with other assorted custom upholstery, under bench seat custom speaker boxes with powerful speakers and bluetooth amp, shortened and rebuilt non-tilt steering column with 66-one-year-only standard steering wheel.

Least favorite: the things where I didn't know what I was doing or bought cheap Chinese crud parts and had to do it twice.

Next things on my list that will make it even better: I have a dash repair section and regular stock working AM radio ready to install.
dmjlambert is online now   Reply With Quote