View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 04:05 PM   #22
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

picked up a few goodies today at bowtie bits. It was an easy decision, I was updating the books on bought/sold and there are two 41 donors and the s10 donor for this project. I used the cab and front of one 41 truck, a bought shortbed, and the doors and rear fenders of the second 41 truck, the drivetrain and frame and harnesses of the S10, and have sold almost everything else, still have some stragglers. I still have a complete third 41 in the back yard, and another cab down south to pick up once I have a minute.
So spending a little bit on the fine details that I love doing is okay by me and the budget.

I had spotted the lower grille at bowtie bits a couple weeks ago and vowed to go get it. I had all that turmoil around christmas and so today was the first chance I had. luckily I went today because he was listing it on ebay, but was happy to sell it in town. I asked if he had an upper, he sure did, couple dings but nicer than the one on my truck, so I bought that too. Best of all was the brand new windshield frame/glass/rubber. Its pricey at first glance but they are always rusted and the screws break off, and assembling them with glass is a &^*(&. I figured I would only save about $200 refurbing mine, and only $100 buying a new bare steel frame. and this comes with a new center bar too, mine are dinged up.

look at the fineness of the backside of this brand new windshield. If you have ever messed with a 39-46 windshield you can relate.

so now I have the old windshield to sell, and the grilles with the ratty chrome to sell too.

More coming! I may work a bit while the baby is napping.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote