Thread: Wampus Cat
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 02:56 PM   #54
TxCajun

Red face Re: Wampus Cat

Work Shop Electrical

I finished the assembly of the steel building workshop back in November 2018, and have been using it with just two 100' extension cords running from the house while I worked out the electrical design that I wanted and saved up the dollars.

My city electrical permit was approved in early May, and we installed the electrical at mid-month. I ran 220v power from the main panel at the front corner of the house, through the attic to the rear corner of the house, then dropped down the outside of the house to the underground run for the shop.

The area where I live is solid limestone, so we rented a rocksaw to trench 24" deep for about 96'. The limestone is fairly soft and the trenching took about half a day.

In the shop, there is a subpanel that breaks out two 220v circuits for an air compressor and a welder, and multiple 110v circuits to run outlets all around the perimeter of the shop, switched power to the ceiling for lights, switched power to the ceiling for fans, and non-switched power to the ceiling for drop lights. I also have a switched security light circuit outside and covered GFCI receptacles outside.

The install passed the building inspection, and I've been enjoying not dealing with extension cords and tripped breakers for about a week.

Next up, back to cab floor rust repair. ;-(
Attached Images

TxCajun is offline   Reply With Quote