View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
tvhj

60 Gallon Single Stage Air Compressor

After searching several threads I thought I would ask here. I currently have a 31 year old Sanborn, single stage, 50% duty cycle, 5hp? 15amp, rated for 11.5cfm at 90psi. This unit has served me very well but the tank has a pinhole in the bottom from rust so I know the end is near. I have on a few occasions pushed this old compressor past the 50% duty with a da and or a paint gun, but not often. If I could buy another identical to this I would, but with that said, most of todays "bottom end", big box store, etc. single stage compressors all look like they come from MAT Industries or worse. I only have a 30amp service to run this unit which is cost prohibitive to change now, and due to years going by faster, (I'm old), and don't want a (pos) that I will out live. I'm sure that my next purchase will occasionally get pushed past the 50% duty cycle but not often at all. Used market around here is not too good. Does anyone have any recent good experiences with a 60 gal single stage for under $800? Thanks for any info.
tvhj is offline   Reply With Quote