View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 10:19 PM   #4237
joedoh

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DransportGarage View Post
Thanks, guys. I did all that. Have good tools, and I had the glass so soaped up I could pull on the inside and see the outside move. The problem is, the glass is too large and it bottoms out before it can be slid to the driver's side far enough.

This is a weird situation. We put this glass in another truck in 15 minutes, perfectly. Something bad happened to my truck in its life even though there was no apparent damage on the roof. Maybe got smacked hard in the side and bent the upper "A" pillars? Who knows. We have already ground about 3/16" off the upper corners of the glass just to get it to go in at all. A little more would probably do it, but we've made 5 runs at it, and I'm tired of it.

The gluing is going very well, and it could be unglued if necessary. I think it's going to be OK.

its the gasket, I had the same thing happen on a truck with the elephant ear in one corner and working around the gasket with the plastic tool made it a lot better. that problem hasnt happened again yet. although the last gasket was so stiff I broke an original windshield half.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote