Thread: Dad's 83 C-10
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #17
Runner76

Re: Dad's 83 C-10

Resurrecting a really old thread with some updates. I am sorry to say I lost my Dad about 1 1/2 years ago. Just a few weeks shy of his 102 birthday.

The truck in the thread is officially mine now. (He had changed the title to a "Transfer upon death to me). The truck set in my barn in Indiana until last month. It had been driven about 100 miles in the last three years. All his affairs are settled now, and I drove the truck back to my home in Virginia from Indiana, 650 miles one way. Before heading out, I changed the fluids, new headlight, new wipers and had a power booster added to the brakes. The truck was manual brakes with front discs, only one I ever say like that and it took a lot of leg to operate those front discs. All was well until crossing the mountains in West Virginia, at night, in the fog, when it was raining, all the lights went out except the parking lights. Fortunately was near a rest stop and got it there safely. Turned out the floor mounted dimmer switch had went bad.

Since having it home, I have changed out the radiator, (slow leak)and hoses, complete tuneup, new master cylinder, (the one that had just been installed failed). Have been driving it nearly every day and it runs better every time.

The exterior still looks good, but the interior needs some work. Couple of small floorboard holes will need to be patched, bench seat need to be recovered, radio replaced, etc. I have found a new rubber floor covering on LMC truck, (the truck did not come with carpet) and most other small parts I need. The one think I cannot locate is the plastic air intake that mounts behind the grill and the flexible hose that runs from that to the snorkel on the air filter assembly. LMC does not seem to have these. Can any body point me to a source for those parts?

When I get the truck cleaned up, I will post some comparison pictures to how it looked just after being repainted in 2013.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Runner76 is offline   Reply With Quote