View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
dyrt

Re: My truck has become "magnatized."

My father has a theory about this:

When you work hard to maintain something or build something, it attracts other people who either have no skills, no money or no work ethic/respect. Either way, it all stems from jealousy, a weird concept that can best be summed up in my father's words..."Yeah i hit your car...and you know why? because f$@k you, that's why." It has happened to every car me, my father, or my brothers built.

This also goes in the same line as you buy a nice car and park it away from other cars, but when the a-hole with 3 kids they didn't want is looking for a parking space, they just so happen to decide to park the family sedan or suv far away from the building, but RIGHT next to your car. Now you have 2 sets of dings on your car. My upstairs neighbor in my old apartment used to, and i am not exhaggerating, open BOTH driver side doors on her car whenever she went anywhere by grabbing the handle, pulling the doors and letting it go. She had no problem letting the sheetmetal on my 2000 jimmy take a few door blows a day. She was a miserable old woman who would immediately threaten to call the cops and play stupid when i confronted her(kindly, might i add.)

Sorry for the rant, i feel strongly about this. I feel your pain. I am 95% sure i am going to skip most body work and paint the dents in on my truck because of this. I am going to use it as a truck anyway but i am fixing rotten sheetmetal now.
dyrt is offline   Reply With Quote