View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #33
blue1969camaro

Re: '80 C10 drag truck project

Ok time for a BIG update. I know i haven't posted in a while I've been really busy. I dynoed my motor and made 310 hp at 5500 rpm and 350 ft.lb at 3000 rpm. No spectacular but good for basically a stock motor with flat top pistons and a cam. I also got the rear end in and watts linkage all set up. Then I fixed the cab and cut a huge hole in the floor and firewall so I could set it on the frame. Man does it look good at ride height. I also make a "basket" for the fuel cell. No for the pics.
"Dyno" sheet. We have an old dyno that you have to read an analog gauge so not very accurate but I know it runs and doesn't leak.
1st pull 32 degrees total advance

2nd pull with timing change to 30 degrees total advance

3rd pull I put my holley 750 double pumper and holley blue pump and set timing to 39 degrees with no vacuum adavance
Rear end and watts linkage in with my buddies 15x14 prostars.

Cabs on!

Ride height

Big hole in the floor and firewall. I have the headers on now, had to make some more room but they fit will post pics later.

Fuel cell mount. Also you can see the lower shock mounts and shock dummies waiting for an upper mount on the roll cage.

I still have to make a hold down for the fuel cell tomorrow and mount the fuel pump. I ordered tubing for the roll cage yesterday and it will be in either tomorrow or friday. Monday I will cut some holes in the floor and bend some tube! Before I weld the tubes together I have to clean up my trans hole and paint the underside of the cab. I will try to post more frequently but I only have till May 10 to get this thing rolling so I can take it home.
blue1969camaro is offline   Reply With Quote