View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 01:08 PM   #401
Gregski
Post Whore

HP Tuners Tutorials - Top Tip Time

HP Tuners Top Tip # 47

If you were away from HP Tuners for a while like I was (looking at you COVID-19) and now you may be thinking of doing some more tinkering, you may find this tip useful.

Say the last time you tuned was six months ago or a year ago, and now you want to change something else. Well if you are like me then you may wonder where did you save that last file to? Is it on your office PC that you upgraded since, or on your laptop that you loaned to your daughter for school?

In that case the best thing to do is read the configuration from your PCM like we did in the very first tutorial, so simply refer to that and follow those steps, and I recommend you call it something like 000 - Baseline 03-21-2021 that way you will be certain you will pick up from where you left off, since sometimes your latest file may be something like 15 - Tried Something That Didn't Work and then you forget that you went back to 14 - Last Known Good Config

yes that has three leading 000 in it to signal a new series of tuning a new chapter if you will, but you do you
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote