View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
bad72c10

700r4 not shifting

Alright guys, I got my 700r4 in and bolted up and running yesterday. I took it on a test drive after adjusting the TV cable, shifted a little late, but was fine. Went back, checked fluid level again, good fluid, adjusted TV cable again. Started to drive home, shifted late, puleed over, adjusted cable again, shifted great.
Now is when it started. Got to a street a little way from home, and got on it to about half throttle, and the throttle went a little mushy and my consistent foot pressure took it to 3/4 throttle or so, and it kicked down to first. After that mush and kickdown, it will no longer shift out of first gear when the tranny is in OD. I can't get past OD with my column shift, because my linkage hits the collector of my header.
I checked the TV cable, and when you pull JUST the cable without moving the throttle linkage, it feels spring loaded and goes back to where it should be.

Has anyone had this problem, or does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you in advance for any help, Justin