View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #99
nlped

Re: My "New" '76 2wd TOY...currently un-named

Well, I finally had some time to fool with the Bull. I got the driveshaft shortened and put back under the truck, but moving the rearend forward actually lowered the rear even more. So, I finally got the rear leaf spring issue resolved. I ended up using a taller set of leaf springs that I had made up at a shop in Birmingham. They are the same length from spring eye to spring eye, but have 2" more arch in them. They are PERFECT!!! The front and back are sitting the same!!!

I also replaced all of the factory steel brake lines with S/S ones, and got the McGaughy 13" front and rear brake kits working like a champ. It will, literally, throw you out of the seat if the brakes are applied hard. And it takes some hardcore pedal pressure to lock up the front brakes, and I haven't actually gotten the rear ones to lock up, which is great!!!

I'm almost done with the suspension part of this beast. I just need to put a front swaybar on it (it didn't have one on it when I got it), and get the front end aligned properly (I lined it up with a tape measure and an angle finder ). It drives down the road straight, and doesn't pull even a little under very hard braking. Woo Hoo.

I'll add some pictures when this d@mn rain stops .

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha

Last edited by nlped; 08-29-2010 at 04:10 PM.
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote