View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Jdubs71

Re: "Well it's a 69,70,71,72,73 automobile" K5 build

I pulled the motor, trans and transfer case so that I could start getting everything rebuilt. Since the rust was very minimal I didn't have to replace any major body pieces. I can do the cutting and welding, but the bondo and painting I cannot do. I sent the blazer off to be painted and have all the fiber glass repaired on the top. At the same time I was going to find a frame and start putting axles and the suspension lift I wanted under it. When the body was done getting painted I was going to swap everything over to the frame I was working on. Luckily or at least that is what I initially thought, the painter had a bare frame sitting at his shop that he said he would have powder coated and thrown into the paint package deal I just had to pay for the powder coating. I waited....waited... checked up on the blazer about every three weeks or so and continued to wait. I still didn't have the frame yet so I was at a stand still for about 6 months. My blazer continued sitting untouched. I finally went in with my trailer and picked the blazer up. The body shop owner only gave part of my deposit back and made me pay for the frame which had been powder coated.

I took my blazer to a different body shop around February of this year and that's where it has been since, but it gets worked on occasionally. When the insurance jobs come in the blazer goes out. I figured it would give me time to get the rolling chassis put together with the lift I want.

Some before and after shots of the rear quarter panels

After, oh and I said good bye to the Cb antenna and the 1000 lb rear bumber.

Jdubs71 is offline   Reply With Quote