View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #69
77ChevySharkBite

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
I was just going to do the fronts. Leave the back as drums for now. Until I see a really good reason for ditching the rear drums, they're going to stay. I'm not racing the truck and a lot of modern trucks still use drum rears (last I checked) and don't seem to have any problems, so why would my 71 be any different? That's my thought on it anyway.

I have the factory drums, but they are single piston and the Wilwood D52s are direct replacement with twin pistons for better pressure distribution on the pads. I've also upgraded all of my vehicles to a slotted rotor and figured I'd do the same for the truck. Since what I have still works, I'm debating on using my money for the A/C and other stuff instead of switching everything out until I need to or decide I want the upgraded brakes instead of the next item on my list. I'm still going to replace the booster either way, I just can't make up my mind on the rest of it.

I understand ya there, I mean for now you know our Texas weather just like I do, I say go with the A/C like you stated I mean there's no real reason for it to be done this moment or anything get the A/C call it a day. You could always make your brakes a Christmas present to yourself

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote