View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 11:16 PM   #54
weq92f

Re: trans fluid to radiator fitting

I sent the video to the guy that gave me the previous information regarding the intentionally loose female bungs in the transmission cooler. He replied with another contact within the company. I'll contact him tomorrow. We shall see what that's all about.

Right now I'm proceeding as if this Champion Cooling radiator is not going to be used at all in this build. I don't expect to get any resolution and will simply use the old radiator with the aluminum shroud and 14 inch fans. If the company comes through somehow with a replacement that is sufficient or a refund then that will be fine.

What's just baffling is that I have in my possession a fitting that has 1/2-20
male inverted flare on one end and 1/2-20 37 degree male on the other. Pretty sure this is not a one-off fitting made special. I can't use it with the new rad because a) the radiator I have has F-d up bungs and/or b) the flare is too deep down in there for my fitting to reach it before it bottoms out at the top of the bung ( i.e. my brass fitting is too short on the radiator side to reach down far enough into the new radiator ).

Thanks everybody for trying to help me here. This has been a very frustrating experience, continues to be in fact!

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote