Thread: 47-55.1 Long Time Coming......
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 05:51 PM   #7
gsinon

Re: Long Time Coming......

Thank you guys for the warm welcome. If there is one thing I'm good at it is taking lots of build pictures. As I mentioned before my dad is my hero, and with his health issues he has been house bound for a handful of years now. He hasn't been able to get to my house in almost five years, so photos are what keeps him up to speed with my toys and projects. Dad just turned 78 and started smoking at 13, he has really bad COPD and is on oxygen full time now from it. In November he fell for the third time, this time breaking his hip. So now since Thanksgiving he has had surgery, which led to rehab and now is a full time resident at a convalescent home. He just can't live alone anymore and my wife and I are not equipped to care for him as he needs.

And now back to the show......

The firewall wasn't in terrible shape but at the same time it was full of about a million holes. So I got this nice new one from LS Fab.

It was at this point where I realized how bad the floor was overall. So out it came piece by piece...

And now the new floor and tunnel to make sure I have plenty of room for any transmission I ever want to run.

Then fitting the hanging brake pedal assembly and fitting the firewall m/c. I hate the up through the floor pedals in hot rods.

While looking at the firewall there is that rectangular impression that LS Fab sends you the cover plate for. I decided to do something a little more unique. I had an old script valve cover and cut it down to size and then welded it in the area. Once all blended in I think it will be cool. Something tells me I can't be the first to ever do this, so I won't lay claim to the idea. But I do think its different and cool as heck.

And lastly I finished up the floors with these new rear panels too.....

gsinon is offline   Reply With Quote